Inspire people to experience life. That’s what Smartbox Group is all about. We’re the leading and fastest growing experience gift company in Europe with the ambition to become the biggest in the world.
At Smartbox Group, all our energy and creativity is focused on the idea of providing the most beautiful gift to offer and to receive. With over 1,100 employees throughout Europe, and over 500 in our Dublin head office, every team plays a part in this process.
With over 40 nationalities working with us, we’re a vibrant, diverse and friendly bunch that utilise everyone’s uniqueness and skills to maintain us as market leaders. With a new CEO joining recently and a clear vision set for the future, there couldn’t be a better time to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven eCommerce professional to become a key player in the Digital commercial team.
Your goal will be to maximise the revenues earned through retailers selling our product online. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders from different teams, including retail, digital marketing, customer service, external partners, B2B and logistics.
• Optimise listings and merchandising, and assess product performance across online retailers
• Define and agree promotional plans. Deploy these plans including: discount offers, bundle, promotion codes, calendar offers, commercial operations
• Monitor and report on KPIs using internal and 3rd party tools
• Analyse and present results of online activities and make recommendations for improvements
• Monitor the stock, generate and supply the stock forecast to supply chain management (Demand Planning)
• Monitor and document competitor activity
• Work closely with Online retailers to ensure they generate sufficient exposure to achieve our shared goals
• Implement new sales initiatives and Marketplace partners to increase sales and profitability
• Work with Smartbox retail team to develop online business for our Retail partners
Essential Competencies/ skills :
• Strong experience in eCommerce with a particular focus on Online retailing throughout Europe
• Strong commercial acumen and a superior understanding of the Internet and of "online business" (traffic, sales, lead generation, newsletters, CRM, site optimization ...)
• Website merchandising experience
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of the wider eCommerce team
• Proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude with a natural aptitude for contributing energy & enthusiasm to a team
• Ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines
• Experience in accurately interpreting and drawing conclusions from data
• Bachelor degree in marketing, business, eCommerce or equivalent
• Fluent in English - spoken and written
• Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Based at our international HQ in Dublin, you may be required to travel to local offices and visit our Retail partners throughout Europe from time to time.
Desired Competencies/ skills :
• Understanding of online retail sectors in Europe (BE, NL, DK, SE, FR, ES, IT, DE, CH) a major advantage
• Fluency in one of the major European languages at Smartbox – e.g. French, Spanish, Italian an advantage
*As duties and responsibilities of the post holder change, the job description may be reviewed and amended as appropriate.
Why don’t we leave you with some key facts and figures about Smartbox Group?
* 7 million experience gifts sold in 2018 by Smartbox Group, for a business volume of nearly 500 million euros.
* Presence in 11 countries : France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Portugal
* N°1 in 8 countries: France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark and Portugal.
* 9 brands: Smartbox, Bongo, Buyagift, Cadeaubox, La Vida Es Bella, Dakotabox, Emozione3, Odisseias and Red Letter Days.
* A wide choice of experience themes: Overnight Stays, Wellness, Adventure, Gastronomy and Special occasion multi-themes.
* 40,000 partners (hotels, restaurants, wellness centres, outdoor activities…) across Europe.
* 1,100 employees in Europe.