Freelance and fixed term opportunities are available for a middleweight graphic designer with experience working across the many disciplines of graphic design, with a particular focus on information graphic design.
You are a talented and committed designer, passionate about design, the creative process and design thinking. You will be proactive at involving yourself in all activities across the studio, supporting all members of the design team.
You are a strategic thinker and are capable of applying insights to all design disciplines, further assisting the team in the creation of branding, wayfinding and environmental projects.
You are able to work with direction from more senior designers within the studio. You have strong communication skills and the confidence to both present ideas and get involved in all stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production and implementation both internally and externally to clients.
- Work as part of the design team for a variety of clients with a particular strength in graphic design and infographic design for brand, print and wayfinding projects.
- Participate and contribute in brainstorming/design sprints, conducting any relevant research for projects.
- Assist in the generation of design concepts for information graphic and graphic design projects in both the built environment and print.
- Assist in the development of designs from concept through to final design and on-site delivery with support. This includes creating presentations for both internal and external meetings.
- Work collaboratively with the 3d designers to ensure work is fully co-ordinated.
- Attend meetings as required with both clients and contractors, providing clear and effective presentations – visual, written and spoken.
- Liaise with contractors, ensuring all work produced is of the highest quality whilst providing value for money. This includes procuring samples/prototypes.
- Maintain design quality throughout all project phases showing complete attention to detail, with consideration for the end user and how they engage with the studio’s creative output.
- Deliver work to agreed timescale and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain all records and files relating to the design work on any particular project.
- Assist in the development of more junior members of the team.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate members of the team.
Qualities and essential skills
- Design obsessive, with awareness of best practice in all areas of graphic design
- Strong conceptually, innovative and creative
- Ability to effectively present ideas both visually and verbally
- Excellent typographic skills
- An understanding of materials and product design
- An understanding of space and environments, with the ability to be able to effectively assess the appropriateness of design solutions in the built environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude
- Good time management, with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Equality and Accessibility guidelines and best practice principles
- Excellent computer knowledge, minimum Adobe Creative Suite