Beazley's talent management team is currently seeking an HR Business partner to provide strategic and comprehensive HR support to key business units, to include employee relations, resource and recruitment support, and effective performance management. Proactively work as part of the global TM teams.
- Develop trusted relationships with senior leaders and colleagues across your area of responsibility. Provide advice, guidance and coaching to managers on management best practices in areas such as: employment law, employee relations, disciplinary procedures, performance issues, grievances, diversity, discrimination, harassment, flexible working and other processes as defined in the staff handbook.
- Act as an internal adviser providing knowledge, solutions and advice on all recruitment and employee relations matters. Use internal people metrics and survey data as guidance /benchmarks for stakeholders. Seek out external benchmarking tools as points of comparison.
- Build strong working relationships with key business areas and develop strong product knowledge of business and product lines to enable you to understand and deliver the best service possible.
- Proactively engage with the leadership teams you support to identify existing skill gaps, taking into consideration succession planning and talent mapping within the wider team.
- Challenge managers as appropriate and influence them to result in better decision making
- Work with leaders to ensure effective performance management of employees.
- Work closely with the Talent Development team on initiatives driving employee development, retention strategies and engagement.
- Working in conjunction with wider Talent Management team, execute HR initiatives aligned with the business.
- Use workforce analytics to guide HR-related business decisions.
Recruitment and Operational Support
- Effective and timely management of recruitment assignments.
- Advise and assist the hiring manager on all aspects of the process including: recruitment strategy, shortlisting candidates, interviewing, offers and onboarding.
- Ensure accurate and timely feedback to candidates and hiring managers on every role.
- Manage the offer process for new hires, negotiating offers and confirming details of new joiners.
- Ensure Beazley’s recruitment process is compliant with current employment law; keep abreast of legislative changes and proactive seek out methods to ensure diversity is top of mind
- Advise on suitability of internal candidates, utilising Talent Mapping and Flight Risk tools.
- Benchmark roles across the industry using internal data, externally compiled data and agency resources.
- Advertise all suitable roles on Beazley.com and internally on BIC, ensuring website and intranet is up to date at all times and accurately reflects current hiring activity.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of suitable candidates for roles at Beazley.
- Ownership of recruitment administration for all your active positions, including preparation of sign off paperwork, arranging interviews, updating candidate management system and creating offer packs.
- Update any databases as necessary with all role movements and activity, including ensuring accurate financial information is kept regularly updated.
- Stay up to date with employment and headcount data and ensure it is properly recorded.
- Develop and implement recruitment assessment tools.
- Participate in career fairs at US-based universities.
- Recruit top talent for Beazley’s Underwriting Career Development Program.
Education and Qualifications
- BA or a minimum of 2 years in a HR function
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to establish close working relationships with a range of talented professionals who operate under constant time pressure
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage own time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to command respect from colleagues at all levels
- Understanding of both strategic and operational details
- Advanced interview skills
- Advanced organisational/process management, problem solving and project management skills
- Detail orientated with an understanding of the need for accurate and timely data management
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office and Candidate Management systems
Knowledge and Experience
- Recruitment and employee relations experience preferred
- Awareness of best practice recruitment principles
- Working as part of a team in a business partnering role to meet challenging deadlines across recruitment and employee relations preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/candidates/external suppliers
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Determination, persistent and strength of mind
- Flexibility – the environment for the role is changing rapidly and will do so continuously
- Team working
- Information seeking
- Achievement Orientation
- Customer focused
- Technical Competence
- Organisational Awareness