Job Title: Capital Actuary
Division: Risk & Capital Management
Key Relationships: Members of Risk Management, Actuarial, Finance, and Underwriting teams
Job Summary: To be responsible for the Group’s capital model.
To maintain and develop the internal model so that it continues to reflect the risk profile
To prepare the Internal Model Capital Assessments
To use the internal model to answer business and risk management questions
- To ensure that the capital model meet the Solvency II standards
To develop understanding of the business that will assist producing analysis to use the internal model output
To develop understanding of the regulatory approaches that will assist presenting internal model output
- To comply with relevant Beazley procedures and policies
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake relevant training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
Able to communicate effectively with internal staff and regulators, both verbally and in writing
Team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
General commercial and financial knowledge
The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Strong Programming skills with exposure to MS Excel 2007, MS Access 2007, and VBA
- Understanding of statistical concepts and exposure to using statistical software with an ability to learn new technologies quickly
Knowledge and Experience
Aptitude and Disposition