COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, PARTNERING AGAINST CORRUPTION INITIATIVE
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
As a membership organization, the Forum, through the Center for Global Industries, engages businesses in projects and initiatives – online and offline – to address industry, regional and systemic issues.
The Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI) is one of the Forum’s strongest cross-industry collaborative efforts, creating a highly visible, agenda-setting platform by working with business leaders, international organizations, civil society and governments to address corruption, transparency and emerging-market risks. Driven by identified needs and interests of PACI Member companies and other stakeholders, PACI undertakes initiatives to address industry, regional, country or global issues in anti-corruption and integrity building.
To join the team tasked with delivering on PACI’s far-reaching goals, we are currently seeking a Community Specialist, Partnering Against Corruption Initiative.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Community Specialist will report to the Head of PACI and help PACI signatories engage at the highest and deepest level, while driving impact for the initiative and helping the signatory derive value. Beyond the PACI team, the Specialist will work with various communities and teams. Finally, s/he will work with the Forum delivery teams (events, logistics, IT, digital) to coordinate team and community events. Externally, the selected candidate will work with delegates from Forum Partners, multinational companies, primarily Chief Compliance Officers or General Counsels.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
Coordination support (50%)
• Independently organise and coordinate logistics of PACI meetings/PACI sessions at Forum meetings
• Coordinate internal team meetings and activities
• Ensure that community members are regularly updated on the activities of PACI and that the PACI team has current knowledge of their challenges and priorities in the anti-corruption space
• Ensure contact information on PACI members is kept up-to date
• Curate PACI’s communities on line: post updates, respond to questions, connect members with each other using the Forum’s Platform (TopLink)
• Define and deliver a social media communication strategy (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to create awareness of the PACI agenda
• Help with the on-boarding of newly acquired PACI signatories
Research and Analysis (25%)
• Provide targeted research support / draft concept notes and background papers / presentations/ blog posts on PACI priority topics.
• Support exploration of new topics related to PACI’s mandate
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Delivery of administrative, operational and logistical tasks, such as managing event invitations or preparing promotional material for the Community
• Collaboration and relationship building with internal and external Stakeholders
• Understanding of expectations of various internal and external stakeholders and use of this understanding to connect the dots by offering these stakeholders to participant in relevant PACI’s activities
• Relevant contributions to the progress and expansion of the PACI community and evolution of its agenda within the anti-corruption space
• Understanding of and willingness to extend knowledge of anti-corruption and transparency as a global priority
Preferred Requirements and Experience
• Broad intellectual background with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field: law, international relations, social sciences, behavioural sciences, communications and/or management.
• Interest and motivation to advance the anti-corruption / integrity building agenda, supported by 3- 5 years of experience in the areas of transparency, anti-corruption, compliance and/or governance
• Experience and interest in digital communications
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage several workstreams against tight deadlines
• Intellectual integrity, curiosity, flexibility and ability to adopt the Forum’s systems-thinking approach to global issues
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
• Subject matter expertise in the areas of anti-corruption, compliance and/or governance is a plus
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!