Partner Engagement Lead
(Key Account Manager)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As a membership organization, the Forum, through the Business Engagement group, engages businesses in projects and initiatives – online and offline – to address industry, regional and systemic issues.
Within Business Engagement, the key role of the Partner Engagement team is to orchestrate engagement of the Forum’s Partners, who are the world’s most relevant and impactful business organizations, into and across the Forum’s value streams (events, initiatives, communities and projects).
As part of the Partner Management Team, the Partner Engagement Lead (Key Account Manager) will be responsible for ensuring excellence in managing his/her portfolio of Partners across the Consumer sector and further developing their engagement across the Forum’s value proposition.
Reporting Lines and Interactions:
The Partner Engagement Lead, Consumer Industries will report to the Head of Partner Engagement, Consumer and Healthcare Industries.
Internally, this person will work with colleagues in the Business Engagement team, Industry teams responsible for Consumer Industries as well as with leads for projects and initiatives that constitute the entirety of the value proposition of the Forum; and externally with a broad range of stakeholders in partner companies in those sectors.
Breakdown of main responsibilities:
- Act as a primary person to build and develop trusted, long-term relationships with Partners, understand Partners’ strategic interests, co-develop and drive the implementation of tailored engagement plans based on topics of interest to the Partners.
- Develop relationships and ensure meaningful engagement opportunities at the C-suite level of Partner companies (CEO, Chairman, CDO, CSO). Identify key executives relevant to deepening account penetration and develop strategic relationships with them.
- Act as a trusted adviser for Partner companies, guiding them on the Forum’s platform and ensuring that they derive the highest value from their engagement. Identify and put forward relevant opportunities for Partners across the Forum’s wide spectrum of product offerings, also with the aim to deepen their engagement.
- Coordinate with internal product teams to ensure the delivery of value to Partners.
- Proactive management of Partners at risk of downgrade/cancellation, responsibility for Partner retention. Drive deepening of engagement with Partners, including through new value streams.
Domain knowledge building:
- Develop relevant industry domain knowledge and serve as an internal champion to convey Partner’s interests and concerns.
- Identify and own the relationship with the operational contact responsible for delivering the elements defined in the engagement plan; provide logistical support and guidance to help Partners navigate the Annual Meeting in Davos and other key Forum events;
The successful candidate will be assessed on:
- Depth and quality of engagement of portfolio of Partners
- Partner retention rates and proactive management of partners at risk of downgrade or cancellation
- Ability to identify and develop strategic relationships with key executives and consequently deepening account penetration, including through new value streams
- Fruitful coordination with internal product teams to ensure the delivery of value
Preferred Requirements and Experience:
- Broad intellectual background with a Master’s degree or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years’ professional work experience in the Consumer Industry space or in the business engagement / partner relations context
- Successful track record in account management and business relationship development, including proven ability to engage with business leaders at senior executive and C-suite level
- Ability to connect the dots in a complex matrix environment, with a strong service and entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to communicate complex information succinctly both in writing and verbally
- Analytical capabilities and a demonstrated interest in environment/sustainability issues, business transformation, and technology and innovation
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and networks within complex organizations and multi-cultural environments
- Able and willing to travel 25-30% of the time, in Europe and North America
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!