The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
To strengthen our position at the vanguard of learning and innovation the Forum is looking for a Learning and Development Lead to join the Global Leadership Institute (GLI) within People & Culture. The Global Leadership Institute supports the success of the World Economic Forum mission by delivering first-class learning experiences to all our employees.
In this position your role is to coordinate all Learning & Development activities worldwide, to provide top-notch service to our around 800 employees and the many Forum Fellows who are seconded to the Forum. We will now step-change training and rapidly develop a new platform for scalable, digital training programmes for the whole Forum, and you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the training platform and all related content.
Reporting Lines & Interactions
This is a very exciting challenge as we will promote learning across our global offices. As well as working with the GLI team, the Learning and Development Lead will work across the Forum, for example with the People & Culture Talent Curation team, the Digital Success team and the Digital team. This is a full-time position, based in New-York or Geneva.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
• Lead the design and delivery of Learning & Development programs in alignment with the Forum’s overall strategy and the Forum Platform priority.
• Provide advice on learning and professional development activities to Forum senior leadership and People & Culture colleagues.
• Serve as a learning community manager to optimize learners experience by fostering participation, exchange and learning connections.
• Lead strategic learning and development projects from initiation to timely delivery in a diverse and dynamic environment.
• Identify, coordinate and cultivate knowledge sharing champions across the organization who contribute to the continuous learning experience at the Forum. Provide guidance on content strategy and creation and provide system training and support.
• Lead the Forum Learning Management System development, including creating courses, modules and videos.
• Learn from analytics, track and interpret data and analytics about usage, attendance, evaluations and other metrics.
Preferred Requirements and Experience
• A higher education with at least 4 years in a globally leading Learning & Development team with hands on digital learning experience.
• The role clearly requires a real passion for digital learning, both online and blended learning.
• You have strong strategic and operational digital capabilities, including working with learning systems and social media; experience of video production, editing and publishing, as well as e-learning development tools.
• You distinguish yourself as facilitator for internal trainings, communicating complex content in a simple, understandable and positive way.
• You are known for team-oriented and ability to multi-task and operate effectively with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
• You have the capacity to innovate by working collaboratively in a team against tight deadlines and delivering to the highest standards; service orientation.
• You possess very strong analytical and conceptual skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!