(maximum duration contract until May 31, 2021 – renewable)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Tropical Forest Alliance (TFA), housed at the World Economic Forum, is the leading global public-private-community partnership dedicated to collaborative action to reduce commodity-driven deforestation and advance sustainable land use management in tropical forest countries.
Why we are recruiting
The mission of the TFA is to help producers, traders and buyers of forest-risk commodities achieve their commitments to deforestation-free supply chains. It also helps governments of tropical forest countries to realize better growth through sustainable rural development in partnership with civil society and indigenous peoples. TFA works by convening stakeholders at the global and regional level to form partnerships, which are designed to transform land use practices and supply chains. The partnership is open to all organizations sharing its objectives, forest country governments, financial institutions, and agriculture and consumer goods companies with exposure to palm oil, soy, beef, pulp and paper, and cocoa.
As the TFA grows, it requires additional support to ensure the effectiveness of its operations, and is therefore, looking for an enthusiastic Coordinator to join the team.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Coordinator supports the TFA team on delivering the project with excellence and has responsibility for direct administrative support to the TFA Director under the supervision of the TFA Operations Lead.
• Assist the TFA Director
- Coordinate travel and visas; process expense reports
- Manage the Director’s inbox and provide real-time scheduling support to prevent conflict
- Set up conference calls and meetings, take minutes when necessary
• Support the TFA project management
- Review expense reports and support documentation from TFA’s host organizations in Ghana, Brazil and Indonesia
- Process invoices and disbursement requests
- Track contract dates and deliverables
- Collaborate in procurement processes
- Manage the TFA’s project page on Salesforce and lend support to event-related database management
- Prepare and/or improve presentations
- Coordinate and update team calendar
- Help with scheduling and conference support
- Manage the TFA Outlook account and redirect messages as appropriate
- Support team with travel coordination
• Help with any other coordination and administrative duties as needed
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Creating a seamless experience for the TFA Director
• Ensuring timeliness of expense processing
• Effectively verifying accuracy of host organization expense reports
• Creative problem-solving
• Integrating to the team and supporting its effectiveness
Preferred requirements and experience
• University-level education and one to five years of relevant work experience
• Professional experience in an administrative and financial support role is highly desirable
• Outstanding organization and time management skills
• Excellent command of MS Office applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in spoken and written English
• Quick learner, self-starting, service and detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as in a team
• Willing to work in a highly demanding environment and able to juggle multiple priorities
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.