The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Platform for Global Public Goods acts as a system leader and platform curator for the environment and natural resource security, food security, development finance and sustainable development activities at the Forum.
The Sustainable Development Investment Partnership (SDIP), an initiative under the Platform for Global Public Goods, is a coalition of 42 public and private entities with ambition to mobilize finance at scale in developing countries in support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The SDIP ASEAN Hub is a regional platform of SDIP where public and private sectors collaborate to address regional financing challenges and mobilize capital to advance sustainable development in ASEAN.
A steering group for the ASEAN Hub is in place to provide oversight of the Hub’s activities and includes senior representatives from the Asian Development Bank, the International Finance Corporation, Eastspring Investments, Standard Chartered Bank and WanaArtha Life. The Hub secretariat is the entity responsible for coordinating and facilitating the Hub’s activities and it is a neutral body that supports and helps inform the direction and actions of the ASEAN Hub Steering Group and the Hub overall.
As the SDIP ASEAN Hub Lead, you will be an important part of the secretariat and play a multifunctional role in catalysing the further development of the Hub and support the development and implementation of regional strategic activities that enable the Hub to promote public-private approaches to address regional development finance challenges at scale.
Reporting lines and interactions
The role will be based in Singapore, hosted by the multistakeholder platform Grow Asia and reporting to the SDIP Regional Acceleration Lead, based in Geneva. In the region, you will work with colleagues seconded by SDIP member organizations to the Hub secretariat and have close interactions with the Grow Asia team. Externally, you will interact with a broad range of stakeholders, including financial and insurance institutions, institutional investors, asset managers, grant-making foundations, as well as with governments and multilateral organizations. You will be expected to support relevant initiatives of the World Economic Forum in the region.
• Lead on the development and ensure delivery of the Hub’s annual strategy and workplan, as approved by the ASEAN Hub Steering Group and in collaboration with the resources and colleagues seconded to the secretariat by Hub members
• Ensure alignment between the Hub strategy, the global SDIP strategy and members’ interests; develop scale-up plans for the regional activities in support of the SDIP global efforts
• Ensure effective involvement and participation of the SDIP ASEAN Hub Steering Group, and broader membership base; work with senior executives and government officials to engage them in the Hub’s activities, contribute to community management, and facilitate calls and meetings and supporting materials as necessary
• Drive the Hub’s business development and establish strategic relationships in the region that can support the Hub’s activities, including those in thematic areas such as agriculture, oceans, forestry and plastics
• Develop and bring forward a funding strategy that secures the Hub is financially sustainable
• Provide reporting on the Hub to the SDIP secretariat and develop communication materials, including on the progress of the Hub for the SDIP annual report
• Run country workshops, and arrange for the convening, management and facilitation of calls and meetings and events
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Ensuring the Hub’s objectives and deliverables are met
• Ensuring members are actively engaged, and the Hub provides a clear value proposition
• Establishing the Hub as a regionally recognized, leading platform for action to mobilize financing into sustainable development
• Mobilizing the necessary (additional) funding and resources for the Hub secretariat and activities implementation
Preferred requirements and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to business development, public relations, international relations, finance and/or project management/operations
• 10 years of professional experience, ideally in public affairs, with proven people leadership capabilities related to sustainable business strategy, international stakeholder engagement and partnership building
• Experience with working in an international and multicultural environment, with knowledge in raising funds for, as well as building and delivering innovative and effective global public-private partnerships
• Strong regional network with proven track record in spearheading new ideas or business operations and securing buy-in from a diverse group of stakeholders
• Solid understanding of investing concepts, with an interest in development or SDG finance
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills; be a positive team player and hardworking
• Perfect command of written and spoken English; fluency in at least one other language with relevance in the ASEAN region is an advantage
• Possess strong command of Microsoft Office applications and digital communication tools
• Outstanding organization, project and time management skills; professional event planning experience is a plus
• Quick learner, self-starting, entrepreneurial, flexible and service-oriented, team player
• Willing to work in a highly demanding environment and able to juggle multiple priorities
• Ability to travel for business as required
• Preference will be given to candidates based in Singapore
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.