Reports to Associate Dean/Dean. The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to faculty members in large classes in learning activities, grading and
other administrative activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supports faculty members in managing the various aspects of their teaching activities at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Organizes joint tutorial sessions for students with the faculty members.
• Conducts independent tutorial sessions for students under the faculty supervision outside the regular classes.
• Provides limited coverage for the faculty when they are away attending research conferences outside campus.
• Assists faculty members with preparing course files/materials/assignments, compiling course material, and uploading learning materials to learning management system for students’ access.
• Takes students’ attendance and uploads online absence records and other students’ assessment results to maintain accurate and up-to-date student records.
• Helps with proctoring exams, reporting grades, and uploading grades to the system.
• Participates in class discussions and exercises (on line and face to face) in order to be able to help the students outside the class as required.
• Allocates weekly office hours for each course to assist students with their difficulties.
• Conducts laboratory sessions, when applicable, ensures labs are stocked with required consumables, and observes equipment to ensure they are maintained and operative.
• Assist faculty members with research activities.
• Assists with course files completion and compilation of accreditation documents.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor for TA & Master for GTA degree in related field
• High GPA, Distinguished academic performance
• Professional certification preferred
• English is a must, Arabic is preferred
• Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Computer Skills