The purpose of this role is to maintain the image of ADU, and disseminate information to members of the press or other media representatives by developing and evaluating information and communication strategies that presents ADU to the public, clients and other stakeholders.
Development of written communications
• Composes and edits press releases, company literature, and articles for the media.
• Drafts internal and external communication messages, announcements and event speeches and scripts.
• Writes and edits the content for the monthly international E - newsletter and quarterly QS ranking newsletter.
• Develops and implements an annual Public Relations plan and calendar for media release.
Planning and coordination
• Organizes press conferences and arranges for interviews with journalists
• Prepares and distributes media releases, liaises with and makes statements to the media.
• Provides tips and guidelines to students and staff on how to respond to questions from the media during interviews.
• Develops media contacts and maintains good relationship with them.
• BA degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related discipline
• 5 years of experience
• 2 – 3 years of experience in an educational institution
• English is a must, Arabic is required
• Ability to of deal with the public, network and develop contacts. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral