Our client takes pride in having one of the highest retention rates in the localisation industry while being a dynamic and progressive company where people can make a difference, grow and succeed. They practice flexible working to make sure their employees enjoy a healthy work-life balance while servicing their clients to a very high standard.
This is a senior and strategic management role for the company, an the Language Services Manager will lead a team of approximately 6+ Language Quality Specialists on different levels and be involved in all aspects of managing the language function in multiple language vendor environments. The team ensures the delivery of cost-efficient and quality-driven language function by understanding the needs and expectations of the clients.
This position is preferably office based in Dublin, but it can also be remotely based in the EU.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, support and guide the team on all aspects of the language function: quality plans, LQA process, terminology and query management, customer feedback process, TM strategies, etc.
- Representing the company at client business reviews and sales opportunities
- Define and promote LQS role within the company: establish parameters and workflow of collaboration across departments, create service definitions and estimated throughputs for LQS-related tasks
- Work closely with Project Management, Global Supply Chain Management and Quality Management teams to ensure best practices and efficiencies are always executed.
- Terminology and reference material solutions: research of new solutions and/or optimization of existing solutions
- Query Management solutions: research of new solutions and/or optimization of existing solutions
- Test translation ownership: define the best strategy to excel in test translations for clients
- Focus on process efficiencies and continual improvements within the department
- Create a new and more efficient LQA strategy to monitor suppliers’ quality in a more effective way
- Document best practices and training for Language Quality Specialists and suppliers
- Assist with Language Quality specialist tasks as required
- Work with internal Technology Group on current translation process improvements and concepts for tools development, adding a linguistic perspective
- 15+ years language quality experience in the localisation industry, preferably 2 years at team lead level
- Degree or Masters in translation
- Fluent English plus 1-2 additional languages
- Strategic thinking, experience leading and implementing changes across the company
- Experience leading remote teams
- Extensive experience in Localisation industry
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Solutions & detailed orientated
- Expert knowledge of standard Linguistic tools, terminology management and CAT packages (Trados, XTM, WorldServer, Smartling, Memsource, MemoQ, Catalyst )