For the Tokyo office of our customer, a leading localization company with a worldwide presence, we are currently looking for a:
Localization Project Manager (Tokyo)
- Ensure profitability of projects on dedicated accounts.
- Balance the workload of project team members by addressing volume increases and decreases with Program Managers and Directors.
- Plan and schedule localization projects; provide assessment and quote; allocate resources; develop budget, schedule and quality parameters.
- Track project progress to ensure that quality, deliveries and cost stay on plan.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with client on project matters; provide regular status reports, proactively offer solutions to ensure customer satisfaction, cooperate with Program Managers.
- Facilitate effective communication within the project team (project managers, engineers, localizers, no matter if internal or external).
- Provide support to Business Managers, Solution Architects and Program Managers in costing and planning projects and with customer presentations, ensuring optimal coordination of information between business and production from both the customers and internally.
- Provide support to Directors in general process definition and control.
- Ensure completion of all administrative project processes (invoicing, open/close jobs, etc.).
- Manage a project team on a large account, define process and advise on strategy.
- Coach and motivate his/her team members appropriately to achieve individual/team goals.
- Manage the individual issues of team members with respect to the team goals. This shall entail taking any action they have authority to do, or reporting the problem promptly to the appropriate department, Service Director for resolution.
- Actively communicate with the team members and/or other managers in order to identify potential organizational and operational issues.
- Offers solutions and suggestions for process and product improvement to management.
- University degree or equivalent.
- 3 -5 years of experience in managing localization projects (mid to large size) is a big plus.
- Knowledge of translation processes and translation tools.
- Strong computer skills including PC and proficiency with Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good planning, scheduling and time management skills.
- Ability to work under stress and pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective multi-tasker.
- Team oriented, but able to work independently.
- Japanese (Native level) and English (Business level).
For more information please contact email@example.com or apply online.