Purpose of the job:
- Use your expert knowledge of central banking, economics and finance to craft well-planned, strategic and effective communications campaigns to increase the global reach and impact of BIS communications.
- Advise and guide senior managers in their global outreach and external engagement efforts, using a range of techniques and channels.
- Build and maintain close relationships with media across time zones, languages and geographies.
- Provide communications advice to a defined set of business areas (such as the Monetary and Economics Department, BIS Innovation Hub and BIS-hosted bodies). Lead the communications on specialist topics from economics to financial regulation, fintech and payments, supporting and guiding senior managers and planning outreach activities. Leverage deep and broad knowledge of the subject matters to educate, influence and inform global audiences about BIS work.
- Partner with business areas to determine communications and public relations strategic goals and needs. Design engaging and compelling campaigns to meet these needs and assesses their impact and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen engagement with media, including fostering close relationships with journalists around the globe. Know the media landscape well and have an excellent news sense. Provide news analysis across time zones and geographies.
- Create compelling and impactful content to support the Bank’s media outreach and public relations activities, ranging from supporting speechwriting to multimedia. Use a variety of channels to effectively disseminate content to target audiences.
Qualification and work experience:
- University degree in a relevant field, such as economics, communications, journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience leading media and public relations campaigns, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in central banking, economics, financial services would be an advantage.
- Experience in web-based communications, social media channels, and/or video communications.
- Very strong and nuanced knowledge of economics, finance and central banking issues in both advanced and emerging economies.
- Outstanding English writing and editing skills.
- Agile and skilled in using social media and other web-based communication tools, including on-the-go.
- Creative and innovative, with an ability to rapidly learn new tools and approaches.
- Strong customer orientation and ability to act proactively to address business needs.
- Dynamic, responsive team player with highly developed interpersonal skills and track record of collaboration within and across teams.
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills, including the ability to manage projects and work flexibly under deadlines and across multiple time zones.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff