The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability, and a bank for central banks. At the BIS, colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds bring different knowledge and expertise to the team. This creates a stimulating working environment with opportunities for collaborating and developing innovative solutions to business challenges.
Joining us is not just about launching your international career – it is also about doing meaningful work for the public good and serving the global community.
We are looking for a Security Officer to carry out reception, protection and intervention duties with respect to the BIS's Basel premises, assets, staff and visitors.
- Protection and surveillance: Protects Bank staff and visitors, and safeguards Bank assets and property on the Bank’s Basel premises. Checks identification of Bank staff and visitors, and inspects packages and vehicles. Issues identification credentials. Patrols all floors, grounds and the perimeter of the Bank’s Basel premises. Operates detection equipment. Supervises external security guards while they are on duty.
- Intervention: Responds to fires, emergencies and other potentially dangerous situations in accordance with Bank procedures, training and instruction from supervisory staff. As required, provides first aid, assists in evacuation, complies with external policy and cooperates with emergency authorities. Proposes operational improvements.
- Hospitality: Provides front-desk hospitality services to BIS staff and visitors. Demonstrates a customer service-oriented attitude, involving both verbal and non-verbal communication. Responds courteously to staff and visitor requests. Builds a good rapport with BIS staff and resolves complaints/issues quickly.
- May be required to carry and deploy non-lethal weapons in strict accordance with procedures and training.
- Shift duty: Works in 24/7 shifts across the BIS’s Basel office locations. Work across Switzerland might be required for special events and/or business continuity reasons.
- Operations: Reliable, accurate and organised; able to spot unusual occurrences or behaviour; concise; willing to share information. Maintains confidentiality. Is able to remain vigilant in all circumstances. Team player.
- Intervention: Active, dynamic, focused, able to cope with stress and fit. Knows when to involve supervisor.
- Hospitality: Understands that customer service/hospitality is a must in the role.
- Languages: Fluency in English and German. Other languages are an asset.
Qualification and work experience:
- Properly trained and certified (or equivalent experience) in security, safety and surveillance with at least five years of experience
- Properly trained in administering first aid and firefighting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Training and certification in use of non-lethal weapons not required but an asset
- Experience with standard security consoles / office IT
Why join us?
We offer a unique, highly rewarding, international work environment, giving you exposure to a range of state-of-the-art technologies and business areas. You’ll receive a competitive compensation package. And because of our status as an international organisation, we are able to hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff