Following the promotion of the previous head to a more senior position within Technology, the BIS is looking for a new Head of Security Engineering and Architecture.
Purpose of the job:
Leading a strong technical team, you will be responsible for the architecture and the engineering of security systems and information security, and lead related transformational change initiatives. You will also be responsible for cloud security and for the IT product management of security systems. As a leader in this key position, you will provide subject matter expertise on resilient architectures and secure solutions to peer organisations, and importantly represent security in IT architecture groups and provide advisory services internally on security architecture.
Security architecture and engineering
- Lead the definition, implementation and transfer to operations of security systems and represents the Bank’s in IT architecture security-related decisions.
- Advise business areas in the design of their IT systems to ensure security by design.
- Lead security solution architecture development and security technical requirements definitions with other business areas, including with Information Technology Services (ITS).
IT product management of security systems
- Design, develop and maintain the security IT systems in close collaboration with the related operational units.
- Lead the design, configuration and implementation of security for cloud-based architecture. Develop and transfer to operations related required control environments.
Security solution delivery
- Lead the design and delivery of large scale, highly available security solutions.
- Manage a dedicated team of senior security architects and engineers.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Solid experience in IT/Security architecture and project management
- In-depth understanding of IT architecture, including hybrid-cloud infrastructures
- In-depth knowledge on designing and implementing enterprise wide security controls
- Ability to direct and implement security control automation activities using programmatic interfaces
- Excellent understanding of the latest IT security threats and trends
- Strong understanding of best practice in cyber security and its application to business strategy
- Analytical and structured thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the institution, including with Management / board level
- Strong line management and leadership skills
- Ability to explain and clarify highly technical matters in a business-oriented way and to a non-technical audience
- Ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and keep up to date with latest developments in Cyber Security and IT in general
- Relevant security certifications such as OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, CEH, etc. are a plus
- Excellent programme and project management skills
- Fluency in English, both written and oral communication
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff